'Kitchenzilla'

These are the images that have inspired our new kitchen. They are all very sleek and minimalist; quite unlike anything I've ever chosen before but somehow right for the house. Their simplicity puts a huge emphasis on detail – one of the reasons why I found myself almost having a complete meltdown at Kitchenworks a week or so ago. There to finalise the kitchen plans, we were told that although the inners of our  cupboards and drawers are going to be black, the hardware required to make the drawers close properly (we're not having handles, just touch latches) only comes in grey and white. This meant I would be looking into a black drawer with contrasting white/grey plastic panels on the side. I suspect I may be the only woman in the world to care, but care I do. Problem was, at that stage (all the materials had already been purchased) there appeared to be no other option. It took a few deep breaths and the steadying influence of Stu to get me to accept it all and move on. I resigned myself to covering the black drawer bottoms with grey non-slip mats and mentally crossed my fingers it would look ok. And, then, a few days later I get a call from Tony, the Kitchen Guy. They had managed to source a new brand of drawer hardware that – joy –  actually comes in black (and had done some clever wrangling to ensure it didn't cost any more). By now, a little over my 'Kitchenzilla' moment, I felt vaguely embarrassed. But very grateful; I know I shall appreciate our kitchen-maker's willingness to go that extra mile every time I reach into the drawer for a knife and fork.























































0 comments:

Post a Comment