Floral fantasies

You might expect a stylist to stress about her wedding. But when I got married a couple of years ago, it wasn't so much the dress I obsessed about. It was the flowers. I got lucky since I regularly work with Davina Prankerd of Vida Flores www.vidaflores.co.nz for NZ House & Garden. Incredibly creative, she listened to my ideas and came up with an amazing waterfall of orchids and sweetpeas (scroll down to see it). Despite the fact we had discussed colour and size beforehand, the bouquet itself was unexpected. (I had shown her a few images of what I liked but other than that I left her to it.) I wanted it to be formal, big and colourful. It also had to be incredibly feminine. And it was perfect. Working with Davina has given me a real sense of the possibilities of flowers in the home. I'm forever on the lookout for inspirational – and modern – designs. That's why I've also fallen in love with the work of New York-based florist Nicolette Owen of Nicolette Camille. I first found her on Design Sponge. Check out more of her work here, and her home at www.designsponge.com/2009/03/sneak-peek-nicolette-camille.html.






























Bouquet by Davina Prankerd at Vida Flores, Auckland.

0 comments:

Post a Comment