Woolly tales

I am obsessed with sheepskins. My renovation 'look book' includes a zillion pictures of rooms with fluffy skins thrown nonchalantly over chairs and beds. I think I prefer them more on the furniture than I do on the floor. So now, despite the fact we have neither a proper bedroom (it currently doesn't have walls) nor or a dining room, I can take comfort in the fact our storage unit is stuffed with sheepskins, all awaiting the time they can move into their new home. There are black ones, brown ones and traditional snowy ones and I started buying them a few days after we bought this place. The good thing is that since New Zealand has quite a few sheep, it's never going to be difficult to find more.

This bed isn't actually wearing a sheep but probably something far more exotic, but this image is a good illustration of why I love skins. It was styled by a Danish stylist called Camilla Tange Peylecke. The room looks so serene and I adore the mix of blonde wood and grey paint but it is the addition of the skin that makes it so special.

The shot below is another of Camilla's. It has the same lovely calm feeling that makes a home so welcoming. camillatange.blogspot.com












0 comments:

Post a Comment